I am a well-rounded human being.
- Driven: I am not afraid to confront controversial topics and I love when data reveals stories I didn't know were there.
- Cool as a cucumber: I am a former 911 dispatcher. I've helped people escape burning buildings, convinced an armed, drunk, barricaded man to put the gun down and step outside and I even helped deliver a baby. In other words, I am super chill and laser-focused under pressure.
- Volunteerism: I believe in being of service. Of all the volunteer work I’ve done in my life, I am most proud of the work I did while living on Maui: I volunteered 300+ hours annually replanting native forest, removing invasive species, monitoring and banding native birds, and cleaning beaches. Maui Nō Ka ʻOi.
- Well-traveled: I have lived in multiple countries. I value and understand the importance of diversity. I speak very bad Spanish, but it gets better every week, poco a poco. Ask me what I’ve learned this week – it’s sure to be random.
- Nerdy childhood hobbies: My lifelong love affair with maps, charts and words started early. As a child, I loved to highlight the words I looked up in the dictionary and study my family’s atlas of the world.